|Companies implement ERP systems for
many tangible, intangible, and strategic reasons. Many
companies don't even try to calculate a total return on
investment from an ERP system because there are’
so many intangible 'and strategic benefits. If you understand
what you want from the new software, you might be able
to obtain some of the following benefits:
- Reduce the amount invested in inventory.
- Improve worker productivity.
- Reduce processing costs per business transaction.
- Reduce the time it takes to perform a financial
close and prepare financial statements.
- Reduce procurement costs.
- Install systems with vendor-supported maintenance.
- Improve the scalability of business systems to support
- Upgrade systems to support global accounting transactions
(for example, Euro currency requirements).
- Obtain better reporting and information about your
- Replace a hodgepodge of old systems, and install
new or improved business processes.
- Improve fiscal controls.
- Integrate and standardize processes among your business
units and irading partners in your supply chain.
- Improve system performance, reliability, and fault
- Reduce the costs of Information Technology.
- Improve order management, customer service, and